Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
27-10-2011, 09:45 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
The only thing that you can take as gospel as having happened in the spooks universe is what you see on the screen in front of you and the words you hear spoken by the actors playing the characters.

That is how scripted drama works.

Good ones, like spooks, strike triggers in the minds of the viewer which in turn fuel your imagination, makes you give a damn and keeps you tuning in each week (which is the whole point - to hook you) - but here's the rub -what you feel, think, imagine, want or wish for those characters doesn't come into it I'm afraid, because ultimately simply projecting your own wishes onto characters, doesn't make them behave the way you want them to. Just because it's in your head, doesn't make it so.

So I say again. Ruth and Harry were never in a romantic relationship with each other, regardless of what they have done for each other over the years and their obvious closeness. It is a line they never cross. That is why Ruth's death is so tragic. It is the line they are about to step over together when fate stops them, in the person of Sasha.

Ep.1 - We join Harry facing possible dismissal from his life's career. We do not know, and will never know, how long his period of administrative leave was, nor are we told what he did during this time (except that he even considered gardening). Ruth (lets call her his BFF + something that was never said) jollys him along through this, she keeps the chat light and upbeat. In other words, she does what I would hope any of our own friends would do for us in the same circumstances, she is there for him and supports him.

[Image: Harrysig.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - Gillymac - 27-10-2011 09:45 PM