Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
29-10-2011, 03:45 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
(29-10-2011 04:36 AM)daphne Wrote:  
(28-10-2011 09:52 AM)molecatcher Wrote:  On 2nd viewing I got the impression Ruth walked up to Sasha and pushed against him as if she felt she could stop him by putting her body between him and Harry. Sasha looked as shocked as she did when she stepped back wounded. I'm not so sure he intended to stab her let alone kill her.

thank you. my take is along the same lines- I thought I was alone..

I saw the scene as 3 people in an emotional daze- not quite themselves- their professional instincts 'off'- mental and physical faculties slowed just enough to take that crucial edge off response time..

I saw Harry and Ruth and Sasha as 'naked' for the moment- not-Spooks, 'just' human beings.

Sasha's world has been torn asunder. he's a walking mass of inchoate rage, grief. propelled by pain. this viewer doubts he had a plan.

Ruth is heady with having been promised more happiness than she has ever allowed herself to ask/reach for in life.

and Harry, perhaps for the only time in 10 seasons, had stepped down for the moment, both intellectually and emotionally, from his chair.. as head of Section-D.

an ineluctable accident

that is what makes the scene 'Tragic' in the "Classical" sense, for me.
3 individuals caught up, tangled in 'Fate', because of who they are- (Aristotle- the inevitability of consequence..)
Perfectly put. Exactly what I thought about that last heart rending moment. Fated and inevitable.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - nimax1 - 29-10-2011 03:45 PM