Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
30-10-2011, 09:35 AM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
I’m not sure I completely agree with the emotional state of Harry and Ruth in the H/R/S cliff top scene. Harry does spot Sasha and does see the danger. He tells Ruth to go back to the bunker. They both know that Sasha has killed people before. The fact that both Harry and Ruth try to take the blame for giving away the key indicates that they know that there is danger.

One of them should have cleverly shifted the death of Elena onto Ilya - no choice for Ilya, Elena knew that, she would prefer to die by her husbands hand than after torture in Russia etc. They loved each other –the best for Elena. Sasha would probably have collapsed in tears. Another person destroyed but it wouldn’t have been Ruth !

We didn’t need a wedding or soppy ending. We could still have had the next scene of the HS speaking to an emotionally drained Harry in the car saying “I’ve sorted the Albany and US problems, whatever you want to do I’ll support you” etc. Next scene Harry goes into office at night, puts stuff in brief case leaves. (Fans can make their own ending – is he leaving for good, is he going to carry on, is he going on the Grand European tour with Ruth etc.) Final scene – As he leaves Thames House Harry goes to the memorial, looks at all the names. (No Ruth Evershed !) CUT.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - harrbd - 30-10-2011 09:35 AM