Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4.5 Average
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
05-11-2011, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 05-11-2011 07:33 PM by Forever Secret.)
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion
I agree with you Silktie, it does pack a very powerful dramatic punch Smile It's one of aspects that makes Spooks both interesting but at time heartbreaking

beatrice4ruth-the characters may be fiction but we definatly owe it to the actors and even the writers for creating such brilliant character we can talk about Smile
I still feel it was a little cruel at the end of 9 years between then, that Harry gained and lost everything he's wanted within 10 minutes, so close yet so far, but Spooks as people have said has never been about happy endings Wink
Harry and Ruth's happy ending has always been just out of reach, although a hint that perhaps Ruth was alive would've been nice
I actually think the writers were quite brave to kill Ruth because they knew they'd have to deal with the reaction and knew it wouldn't please everyone, they took a chance Wink

I still expected something else from Harry's past to emerge, Elena tricking him into thinking he had a son and Harry having an affair with a Russian spy didn't really suprise me, had he betrayed the country in some way (Even an Albaby-type incident) I would've been more shocked Wink

Gillymac also said it a few posts up, "What's done is done" even if you hated the ending, don't let 10 minutes ruin 10 years Wink

sorry if this is in the wrong place guys but
just out of interest
A friend from Twitter posted something you might be interested in Wink
You'll most definatly recognise this place, she went for a visit there, asked if I could post a link Smile

Even though "the" scene in ep 6 was probably the saddest we've seen in Spooks, *still crying a little*, she went there, took some pictures, (the place where Ruth and Harry agreed to leave the Service and then Ruth's killed )
It's a pretty amazing place, very beautiful, that now holds some memories Smile

http://s1138.photobucket.com/albums/n532...se%20Fort/

[Image: smallersig-1.jpg]
You and I...We're made of secrets-Ruth Evershed S10
"If it was up to me and Peter they'd have done it loads by now"- Nicola Walker Wink
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - JHyde - 23-10-2011, 01:29 PM
RE: Series 10 - Episode 6 Discussion - Forever Secret - 05-11-2011 07:31 PM