Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Requiem for the Dead Part V
24-12-2011, 02:00 PM
RE: Requiem for the Dead Part V
"It was Rory who voiced Harry’s biggest fear."
Good boy, Rory! Yahoo

“Then we will scan every piece of equipment if needs be, down to the running spikes of Usain bloody Bolt."
If you can catch him. Big Grin

Fantastic exchange with Towers. Again. It is really comforting to think that Harry has some kind of support behind him.

And on that note, thank you so much for Malcolm.

I teared up right aboooooouuuuttt here:
"Perhaps that was the reason he had agreed to undertake the investigation; it would allow him to see Harry on a regular basis."

As for their exchange, I don't know where to start. I loved the echo of the "good to be back" exchange, Malcolm averting his eyes while Harry broke down, Harry's candor with Malcolm re: his missed chances with Ruth, the smooth transition between the personal to the professional and back to the personal tone of their conversation, and especially Malcolm's gentle joke re: their mutual stubbornness and advice to be brave when it's Harry's time to retire. Just full marks all around. Thhug

I'd especially like to see Malcolm interacting with Calum and Jenny. I wonder would Malcolm be a legend to Calum or another Old Foggy? I can't help but think that Malcolm would respect Calum's brilliance but not be able to resist knocking him down a peg or two in his own inimitable way? And what would Malcolm make of Jenny's sense of individuality?

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Requiem for the Dead Part V - Silktie - 23-12-2011, 07:16 AM
RE: Requiem for the Dead Part V - Sparky - 23-12-2011, 07:36 AM
RE: Requiem for the Dead Part V - pookster - 23-12-2011, 07:43 AM
RE: Requiem for the Dead Part V - SweetTea - 23-12-2011, 02:19 PM
RE: Requiem for the Dead Part V - A Cousin - 24-12-2011 02:00 PM
RE: Requiem for the Dead Part V - Tea Lady - 27-12-2011, 02:45 PM