Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
If this is the last Series how will it end?
19-11-2009, 11:40 PM (This post was last modified: 19-11-2009 11:45 PM by JHyde.)
RE: If this is the last Series how will it end?
The difference here is that I really like the characters in this show, and really care about them. In Seinfeld, funny though the show was, it wasn't like I wanted to be Elaine when I grew up.

The main reason I think an unsentimental ending is probably best is because it's more in keeping with the show's themes these last 8 years. It's not as though anyone on the show has had much of a happy ending (Zoe was probably the closest, and maybe Tom depending on how life went for him after leaving the service). I think it's in the interests of maintaining the integrity of the show that the ending isn't overly sentimental. And I say that as a passionate fan of Harry and Ruth, so I'd definitely like to see them have some happy time before things go badly, as they may very well do.

Then again, as Peter Firth likes to talk about in every interview he does, "it's entertainment". So it's possible that Harry may have to leave the Service (maybe someone comes and blackmails him, like Juliet and Tessa tried to do) so he and Ruth leave as another crisis begins.....I really do like that idea.

femaleBertieWooster, I think that's how bertowud and I got started on all this Smile

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: If this is the last Series how will it end? - JHyde - 19-11-2009 11:40 PM