Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Episode 3 Discussion [rewatch]
17-01-2010, 04:29 PM
RE: Episode 3 Discussion [rewatch]
I thought this was a very strong episode, and I really liked it. It seems like everyone involved with Spooks truly got into their stride with this one, from the actors right down to the editing people.

I laughed out loud at Zoe telling that snivelling guy she pretended was her husband at the beginning that she wasn't any good at bullshitting people.

Harry at the office on a Saturday in his three-piece suit - I agree Tea Lady and Beatriz that the poor bastard really does not have a private life. This episode was the first to give us an indication that there is more to Harry than meets the eye, and to hint at what an interesting character he would become. He had some really good scenes with Tessa - those two's dislike of each other is quite obvious, and Harry doesn't seem to trust her at all. He also put two and two together and figured out pretty quickly what was really going on. And of course the indication at the end how ruthless he can be, when he didn't show any remorse for killing Johnny's brother. This was nicely juxtaposed with Harry's softer side at the beginning where he was clearly affected by Helen's death.

I also agree that it was a strong episode for Tessa, and her duplicitous nature is beginning to show here. Why doesn't she immediately inform the others about her suspicions that Johnny Marks was involved? I wonder, if Harry hadn't caught her with the file, when she would have told them. Also, how on earth does she afford such a swanky flat on her civil service salary? I did think, though, that she really was pregnant and lost the baby, not due to an abortion but rather complications with the pregnancy.

And I loved Malcolm and Colin in this episode.

I still don't like the kid, and Ellie is beginning to get on my nerves as well. Either she trusts Tom/Matthew or she doesn't, but she keeps vascillating between the two options.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 3 Discussion [rewatch] - Nitrus - 17-01-2010, 12:46 PM
RE: Episode 3 Discussion [rewatch] - Silktie - 17-01-2010 04:29 PM
RE: Episode 3 Discussion [rewatch] - almh - 17-01-2010, 07:46 PM
RE: Episode 3 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 20-01-2010, 02:12 AM
RE: Episode 3 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 20-01-2010, 11:48 AM
RE: Episode 3 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 21-01-2010, 06:32 AM