Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Episode 3 Discussion [rewatch]
17-01-2010, 07:46 PM
RE: Episode 3 Discussion [rewatch]
I'm watching it at the moment, so... OK, my major gripe with this episode - the sequence in the van when they're talking about Johnny, it seems really wooden. Especially the bit where the guy, dunno his name, is saying "Today the Turkish government will release our mother and father." It all seems a bit too scripted for me, it doesn't quite make me believe that they are real, that they really said that, but that may just be me.

Love the split screen going on Smile I wish I could do split screen on my computer :sighs: And Matthew McFadyen looks very cool jogging. He looks very spooky with the glasses. Was this the time when he had conjunctivitis? I heard somewhere that he had to wear sunglasses during an episode because he had it?

In response to Silktie and everyone else who's been talking about Harry in a three-piece suit, maybe it was more out of habit? Whenever I have to go into school at weekends or something like that, I feel more comfortable wearing my 'school clothes' than wearing my weekend baggy clothes. Perhaps he does it just in case there's an emergency, or if he has an impromptu meeting? It's quite funny how Tom is the only one dressed informally on the Grid - obviously the others all had enough time to get changed before the meeting Tongue But Tom then gets changed in time for his party with Malcolm in the van (24 minutes in). Don't know why I called it a party. I'm sure they were having a party in there Tongue

Second gripe of the episode - why does Harry delete Helen's file? I know she's dead, but still, wouldn't her file stay on the hard drive, just in case they needed some information from it? Oh, and a quick moment of pure happiness - a fight scene with a steady camera! Heart Brilliant

I know that people don't really like Maizie, and I agree with you - in that scene she is really irritating. My youngest sister was acting like that at dinner today Thcussing An accurate portrayal of a fairly young child in my opinion (actually my sister is 11 but she still acts like that...) And for some reason I find when Tom's on the phone to Ellie and the car pulls up outside the house without them noticing really funny. Don't know why, I just do.

Does Harry say to check with Section B or D for the thermal imaging? That really confused me, as I keep hearing D and I thought they worked in Section D?

Party trick shown by the people at about 25 minutes in, pulling a tablecloth from the table without removing the stuff on the table. Niiiice.

Coliiiin!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin hehe. Malcolm has a geeky friend with him Smile I haven't got round to seeing 1+2 yet, so can't remember if Colin is in those ones either, but hey, it's Colin! And he hasn't got a stupid goatee.

Bit stupid that Johnny Marks transfers the money to his own bank account. Easy to trace... mind you, they know who is the mastermind behind the operation anyway, so it doesn't really matter. But if they didn't? I think I'm getting a bit too into this episode.

Conversation between Tom and the Kurds=love Two of the best bits in the episode were there:

Tom: Is there anything you need?
Leyla: Trojan horse, isn't that what you call it? Send supplies in, attached with bugging devices? No thank you.
Tom: We can do that, we can also do pizzas, with just the classic toppings.

And then Malcolm's comment "Excellent. That went rather well didn’t it?" I love that line Big Grin Oh and Johnny Mark's line of goodbye in Kurdish, it sound so cool. Just as cool as the line
Series 8 Spoiler: show
in the episode with Usarov where he says "Don't you worry about the Russians. I nearly had that as my ringtone!

Sorry, very long, I have rambled quite a bit...

DANNY - Placements all over the shop. Back up vehicles, chopper support if we need it. Bomb disposal with a signal jammer for Mary’s trademark remote control blasts. And Tom here’s doing the catering. Mate. You are so covered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 3 Discussion [rewatch] - Nitrus - 17-01-2010, 12:46 PM
RE: Episode 3 Discussion [rewatch] - almh - 17-01-2010 07:46 PM
RE: Episode 3 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 20-01-2010, 02:12 AM
RE: Episode 3 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 20-01-2010, 11:48 AM
RE: Episode 3 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 21-01-2010, 06:32 AM