Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 6 Discussion [rewatch]
24-01-2010, 08:28 PM (This post was last modified: 24-01-2010 08:30 PM by Tea Lady.)
RE: Episode 6 Discussion [rewatch]
I really liked this episode. A classic. Also a classic last of the series ending. It would have you hooked for the following series.

I think the only bit I didnt like and was a bit silly was when Tom went in to see the DG. Was this supposed to be a take on the Wizard of Oz? Actually I thought the DG sounded a little like Harry, almost like there is no DG and Harry actually runs MI5, you just dont know it. I cringed a little at that scene.

I loved the way Harry put his betrayal by his team to one side to focus on the matter at hand. I am sure he had been in that position before though. I didnt agree though that his team should have focused on the power plant and not the station. I have said in the Harry thread, "as for McCann, Harry was completely right not to trust him and their efforts should have been spent on stopping the first bomb. A security cordon and special forces would have prevented anyone attacking the power plant. I wonder though whether his team wanted the glory target. Look at the way they cheered at the end. That was what they were fixated on, not the smaller train station bomb. Less glamorous."

Tessa was quite evil during this episode and clearly has no love for Harry. She didnt even try to put him at ease when he was basically asking for his team's understanding over all things Irish. I wonder whether Harry did actually have a gun and then tossed it. Even if it was untrue and a rumour was started by Tessa, Harry couldnt disprove it. The damage would be done. Dont mess with Harry Pearce is the moral of this episode. He will have his revenge. I think from what we have seen of Harry in series 1, there is nothing to suggest that he is a coward.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 6 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 24-01-2010, 04:39 PM
RE: Episode 6 Discussion [rewatch] - Tea Lady - 24-01-2010 08:28 PM