Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 1 Discussion [Rewatch]
06-02-2010, 12:55 PM
RE: Episode 1 Discussion [Rewatch]
I agree with those who said that the tansition from season 1 to 2 was a little rough. I didn't like the cop-out with the bomb at Tom's house - if that had exploded as well it would have had more emotional impact. Still not sure what McCann's game really was - did he lie about not knowing about the bomb in the laptop he gave Tom? I'm not sure he was sincere about that, and that he only warned Tom, as Harry said, about it because he had hoped that Tom would take it to work and that the bomb scare would disrupt MI5 enough to allow the Irish to kill the Secretary of State for Northern Ireland. Loved the way Harry told them to keep McCann away from him after they decided to bring him to Thames House, he has not, and will not ever, forgive what McCann did to his friend. I like that fierce loyalty.

Loved Malcolm in this ep, first as safety officer and then with his "Bloody Nora!'. Hilarious. And aww, he clearly has a crush on Zoe, he was very agitated when he found out the guy she was honey trapping was Gradic's nephew. Now I feel a little sorry for Malcolm.

I thought they missed an opportunity by not keeping the Ireland theme for this episode. It could easily have been the Irish planning to take out the Cobra meeting, and that would have had significant emotional impact for both Tom and Harry. As it is, there was little emotional investment in the Serbian storyline for me.

Glad to see the back of Ellie and the annoying kid, that storyline had begun to drag for me in this episode. However, Tom's noticing of the doctor that treated Danny was a little sudden - Ellie is hardly out the door!

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 1 Discussion [Rewatch] - Tea Lady - 31-01-2010, 01:39 PM
RE: Episode 1 Discussion [Rewatch] - Nia M - 31-01-2010, 02:19 PM
RE: Episode 1 Discussion [Rewatch] - Silktie - 06-02-2010 12:55 PM
RE: Episode 1 Discussion [Rewatch] - Nia M - 06-02-2010, 02:50 PM