Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 2 Discussion [Rewatch]
31-01-2010, 05:06 PM
RE: Episode 2 Discussion [Rewatch]
(31-01-2010 04:37 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  I know many people cringed at Ruth's intro scene and the "lamp" scene, but I loved them. She is a truly unique character in the grid environment and giving her a totally different personna to the rest of the inhabitants made her stand out, imo, as opposed to Sam, who was absorbed into the grid without much ado. You just know Ruth is someone to pay attention to, especially after her "Bugger the Home Office" line; "bonkers but brilliant."

I understand what you are saying and I dont remember cringing the first time I watched this episode and really laughed at those scenes. I think it's because I so respect Ruth now, and know her character has moved on. Sam was perhaps trying to fit in too well for me. I dont like people trying to be my best friend so quickly at work. I like a bit of chess playing first. Ruth was just carrying on being herself though, bonkers.

I half expected Tessa to change her mind after the look she gave when Tom walked out. That's Tessa for you though I guess.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 2 Discussion [Rewatch] - Tea Lady - 31-01-2010, 01:41 PM
RE: Episode 2 Discussion [Rewatch] - Tea Lady - 31-01-2010 05:06 PM
RE: Episode 2 Discussion [Rewatch] - JHyde - 31-01-2010, 10:49 PM
RE: Episode 2 Discussion [Rewatch] - JHyde - 01-02-2010, 04:47 AM