Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
23-02-2010, 05:56 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
I loved the little moments between Harry and Ruth in 2.6. That first scene where she actually phones him to tell him about the crate whilst he is sitting only a few feet away is funny, especially the little look they share whilst talking on the phone. Great tradecraft there, by the way, no-one would guess they're talking to each other if both have phones pressed to their ears and are looking at each other whilst talking...

Then in the briefing room when Ruth is getting annoyed with the Americans and Harry is trying to keep the peace with his offer of more coffee, only for Ruth to exclaim "Tea?!" to Malcolm over the phone. Harry's immediate "Or tea!" is great. The way she later says "Yes" to his plea that she reassure him that the problem with the crate had been sorted out was also great acting from NW, the little pause before she says it is brilliant.

And I love her exasperated look at Harry when she sees Miranda coming for her, and Harry's little eye roll in sympathy.

This is, for me, the first episode where we really see these two actors spark off each other in every scene they share, and where we get an indication of how well they complement each other as characters. Lovely stuff.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Silktie - 23-02-2010 05:56 AM