This poll is closed.
The greatest thing since the turbine engine 90.00% 36 90.00%
Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
07-03-2010, 04:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-03-2010 04:46 PM by Silktie.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
That's a great scene when she's confronting him in 2.8, I love that. I agree that Harry had probably already decided to renew her secondment before she confronted him. I don't think that there was a particular reason why he couldn't tell her, I think it was probably his own decision. It seems to me like something Harry would do to keep his subordinates on their toes. He was probably thinking that if he made it too easy for her, she would realise how highly he rated her work and maybe become complacent. Like we said earlier in the Harry thread, his compassion and people skills needed a bit of work at this stage.

As to when like turned to love, that is very difficult to pinpoint. I think at this stage (late season 2) they probably already had crushes on each other, but still kidded themselves that it was respect rather than something deeper. My opinion is that it is only around 3.9 that they actually realised it was love rather than like. Maybe it was the catalyst of Harry possibly getting the DG job and the realisation that they would possibly not see each other every day anymore that brought it on. Ep 3.9 is to me, the first time where you can overtly see them gazing at each other and sharing little moments and looks.

JHyde, what's a barrel organ?

ETA: shazia obviously types faster than me!

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Silktie - 07-03-2010 04:44 PM