Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
14-03-2010, 05:43 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
I thought some more about JHyde's earlier question of when Harry and Ruth fell in love and when they realised they had. I think Harry probably acknowledged that fact to himself before Ruth did, and that it happened just after Ruth falling for that Fortesque guy. We know that he acknowledged in his diary that he was jealous of the guy, which is as good as an admission that he had romantic feelings towards her. We can also see it in his behaviour in 3.7, when he reacts strangely to her being so happy to see Forrestal whom she knew from GCHQ. Definitely some jealousy there too. Ruth, I think, probably only admitted it to herself in 3.9, when there was the chance that Harry would leave for the DG job.

I found it interesting to watch the change in the dynamics of the team during 2.9. Up to this point Ruth seemed to have almost a hero worship for Tom, but during this episode she seems to be gradually shifting those feelings onto Harry. He is now the first one she runs to with every new piece of information, and of course it didn't help that Tom shouted at her unnecessarily during the operation. We also see Harry almost amused as well as bemused with Ruth storming into his office at regular intervals, but he certainly doesn't seem to mind it that much.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Silktie - 14-03-2010 05:43 PM