This poll is closed.
The greatest thing since the turbine engine 90.00% 36 90.00%
Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
28-03-2010, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 28-03-2010 09:54 PM by Tea Lady.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
(28-03-2010 05:02 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  I did notice in this ep that Ruth throws Harry a very overt look when he leaves the conference room (after Danny/Adam were discussing Tom shooting Harry). She's clearly worried about him.

I didnt notice that "look" when I watched this episode today so I've just gone back and had another peak, and yes she does do an over the shoulder type look when Harry disappears. I think Harry is really suffering at that point and in a lot of pain.

I also agree with shazia.kasim. I think the whole "boss/employee" thing was part of Harry not telling Ruth about his feelings but I dont think Tom's situation had much to do with it. Harry already had previous relationships with people he worked with but as far as we know they were not with women below his rank. The age thing certainly played its part and the fear of losing Ruth forever if it didnt work out. Seeing her every day was keeping Harry going sometimes and there was a risk Ruth would leave if the relationship failed, understandably.
One new question. If we dont get any movement in their relationship in series 9, do you think the writers should just drop the whole H/R thing? What I mean is, can we all stand another series of the same looks, touches, gazes? I sometimes feel that its all very nice and cute but sometimes things need to move on or we could lose what H/R stood for and meant to us orignally (hope that makes sense.)

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 28-03-2010 09:49 PM