This poll is closed.
The greatest thing since the turbine engine 90.00% 36 90.00%
Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
18-04-2010, 07:22 PM (This post was last modified: 18-04-2010 07:25 PM by JHyde.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
(18-04-2010 06:01 PM)picard1109 Wrote:  I just think it's totally ridiculous that the writers keep dancing around the H/R issue. Look, let's be perfectly frank here (or crude, depending on how sensitive you are!): Harry's obviously been very sexually active in the past...so it just is not realistic to run 8 seasons without him getting some kind of... action.

Several points.

Firstly, we don't know that Harry hasn't been 'getting any' these last 8 years. We've all bemoaned how little we actually see of the personal side of Harry and Ruth compared to, say, Adam or Tom. Or Lucas. So he really could have been having a grand olde time at various points and let's face it: it's not as though you *constantly* have sex anyway regardless of what age you are. I say that as a single 26 year old and I'm not bashing anyone who might be, say, fifty and single and on this forum. And possibly not getting any either.

Secondly, Ruth isn't exactly the sort of girl to pin a guy against a wall and especially not at work. Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that (I might be quite the fan myself for all you know), but it's not her style.

And finally, we get that you're not crazy about HR, picard. I'm not saying this as a Mod, but really - until you see what happens in Season 9, it's probably not worth coming and saying the same thing on THIS particular thread once a week. If there's a particular criticism you'd like to make, specifically about one incident or another on the show or within a specific episode, definitely voice it. We like debate, truly we do. But please make it less general than what you've done so far otherwise in *this* thread.

(Just so I don't seem unreasonable, I have asked the same of various Sarah detractors in the past.)

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - JHyde - 18-04-2010 07:22 PM