Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
17-05-2010, 07:23 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
(17-05-2010 05:54 AM)Silktie Wrote:  Nah, I think Lucas and the new girl Beth will have serious chemistry and become the new "will they/won't they" couple of the show, leaving Harry and Ruth free to date each other quietly...Tongue

Seriously though, I think Ruth is a different person from the one who refused to date Harry because people were talking about it. The events of episode 8.1 probably showed that life is so short and you shouldn't waste your chances to have something wonderful, and Ruth's actions towards Harry from 8.6 onwards seems to indicate that she, at least, has taken this lesson onboard.

Yep, I agree, S9 Ruth seems to have come back having learnt a lot. I think that she has crossed the threshold from singledom to having been in a viable permenant relationship. I got the impression prior to joining Sect D she hadn't really experienced this. She did mention some city trader boyfriend but nothing much else. I think that once you have experienced this it's something you always crave and settling back into being single doesn't feel right. Widowed and divorced people statistically have a better chance of finding new love than never marrieds of the same age.

Anyway back to Ruth....the ball is definitely in her court and I think that she knows this. I would be happy with the Times reading in bed scenario but I'm sure we will get angst first! Do I think it would work for the show? Yes, and I think that they should be brave and keep them as a low-key sub plot. I don't know if I am the only forum member old enough to remember the excellent US series Hill St Blues? They had a similar relationship going on in the background between the police chief and the legal, DA lady (Frank and Joyce I think!) and it really worked and still left room for loads of action, shooting and death LOL!

Go for it KUDOS Break that mould! Thhug
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - watchstrap - 17-05-2010 07:23 PM