Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
05-07-2010, 04:42 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
They are two peas in a pod if you ask me. The ultimate barrier for both of them is that one must take care of ones own emotional baggage before you can give fully to someone else. And what baggage they both have! You either have to fix it or come to peace with it. There has been so much loss for both. If they accept each other, they will also have to accept the possibility that their time could be as limited as their emotional ability to connect on a personal level. I think that look of his at the end of 8.8 is beseeching her to look past his blatant lie to what he is really saying to her. I think her "yes, of course." has a double meaning. "Yes, of course...its the wind." And "Yes, of course...I know what you are really saying to me."

Through the relationship prior to 5.5, I think he spends a lot of time testing her loyalty and trust. This time through, he is proving his. Whether or not Ruth can accept it is still to be determined. They both have to accept a relationship that is flawed and will stay flawed because of their work.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - A Cousin - 05-07-2010 04:42 PM