Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
27-07-2010, 04:31 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
Here's what's interesting to me re Harry/Ruth in 4.8: I'm pretty sure Harry knew damn well that it was Ruth that told Adam about the operation, because 1) Harry knows everything that goes on on the Grid, and 2) Ruth is the only one nagging him about letting Adam back on the op. And yet, he chastises the team as a whole and doesn't single Ruth out. Now why is that, I wonder?

Re the 'moment for Ruth' thing, I'm of the opinion that by this time she is well aware that she has a crush on Harry. I say this because I find Ruth quite self-aware in most other things, so I don't think she'd be able to fool herself for this long about what she feels for Harry. For me, therefore, that moment is another of many where she slips up ito hiding her feelings from the world, rather than a light-bulb moment for herself.

Harry's reaction, on the other hand, I find very much an attempt from him to let Ruth know that even though she persuaded him to do what she wants this time, she shouldn't think that this kind of thing will happen regularly. He is attempting to establish his authority after giving in on this one point. Maybe he feels the need to do this because he knows subconsciously that he is falling for her, and therefore in danger of giving her opinions too much weight? Or, you know, it could just be a "All right, so you were right, but there's no need to gloat - now get back to work before we all go to jail" kind of look... Tongue

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Silktie - 27-07-2010 04:31 PM