This poll is closed.
The greatest thing since the turbine engine 90.00% 36 90.00%
Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
31-07-2010, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2010 05:43 PM by Silktie.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
Tea Lady makes a good argument, but I tend to agree with JHyde on this one. I just can't see Harry taking anyone he doesn't know well on such a sensitive operation. The thing is, Ruth is not a field agent, and if it had happened whilst she was still at GCHQ, he would have no idea that she could also handle herself in the field. If he'd just needed an interpreter, there would have been people with field experience he could have taken.

Another thing which suggests to me that it could have taken place somewhere in season 4, is that it is evident from the things Mani said that he picked up on the fact that there could have been more than friendship between them. That indicates to me that there must already have been a close bond between them, which would not be the case if it happened while Ruth was still at GCHQ. And Mani specifically said that whilst everyone else were "at it like rabbits", Harry and Ruth seemed to have a very different connection. I don't think this kind of connection was evident between them before season 4.

Also, the way Ruth relates what happened to Ros and Lucas when she comes back to London, did not suggest in any way that it was something that happened whilst she was still at GCHQ.

Wrt to the uranium, Iraq is a big place, and the US could have claimed it had always been there, only in a place nobody looked in before.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Silktie - 31-07-2010 05:39 PM