This poll is closed.
The greatest thing since the turbine engine 90.00% 36 90.00%
Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
04-08-2010, 07:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2010 07:52 PM by A Cousin.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
(04-08-2010 04:36 PM)Silktie Wrote:  
(03-08-2010 04:25 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I know I am pretty much on my own going for 2003 but my final thought is, if it was as late as 2005, when Harry already had feelings for Ruth, strong feelings, why would he take her to the most dangerous place in the world at that time i.e. Baghdad?

Well... Now that is a very good point, TL! The only explanation I can think of is that he felt she was the only one he trusted enough at that stage, and that it was something he couldn't do on his own.

Yeah, well, that is the flaw in my plan... (to quote Lucas) Wink

Seriously though, I have grappled with that in my brain and I would agree it does make things sticky. A normal person might think twice about putting the person they love and respect above all others in this kind of dangerous position, but Harry is not a normal person. He also has a huge ability to sublimate and compartmentalize his feelings. It wouldn't be the first time Harry put an Operational need in front of a personal qualms he may have. I can only imagine that he did so with a large amount of effort though and only because there was no other choice.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - A Cousin - 04-08-2010 07:50 PM