Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
29-08-2010, 12:36 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
(29-08-2010 12:14 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Upon rewatching 5.3, I'm wondering what others think about Ruth deciding she couldn't have a relationship with Harry. Do you think she had valid reasons for doing so?

I can understand to some degree, why she did what she did. It is never nice to be "the one the boss is shagging" as you ARE talked about. But in saying that, those people/colleagues you care about the most and whose opinions you respect, will understand that the nature of the relationship is more meaningful than that. Why would you really care what colleagues, who mean little to you, say about you round the water cooler?

In saying that though, you do have to have a thick skin, to carry that off and unfortunately, Ruth does not have a thick skin. I think her thick skin only developed after she left. But it was not there beforehand. Perhaps she WAS a little naive to think that no one would ever find out about her and Harry. Of course they were. So why accept the dinner date in the first place then?

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 29-08-2010 12:36 PM