This poll is closed.
The greatest thing since the turbine engine 90.00% 36 90.00%
Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
21-09-2010, 04:14 AM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2010 10:22 AM by JHyde.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
(20-09-2010 10:14 PM)yorkshiretyke Wrote:  Yes...I don't think it was a no, just a there is no point in you resigning and thinking we can live happily ever after in the country...here is where we belong, together!....I may be wrong, time will certainly tell!

OK - so armed with another glass of "highly quaffable" scotch I would just like to say that Yorkshiretyke, I think you are spot on. I just came over here to say the same thing! And If I may add that Ruth is also saying that their relationship is defined by their work together. She should know, she's had it (in Cyprus) and it wasn't working for her. If it was, she'd have actually married George. It harkens back to her saying that she is her job and him asking those who are lucky enough to make it to retirement, "What will you do?"

I loved the whole thing - no meringue. The last thing I want is for the "dogged brilliant bitch" to be a lap dog to Harry. I am glad that they are addressing the idea that he has a whole lot of operatives deaths on his conscience.

And I will go out on a limb and predict that I think Ruth is going to be sufficiently concerned about his ability to hold it together and make the decisions he has to make that she is going to be forced to drastic measures at some point, for his sake and the sake of the country.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - A Cousin - 21-09-2010 04:14 AM