This poll is closed.
The greatest thing since the turbine engine 90.00% 36 90.00%
Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
21-09-2010, 08:07 AM (This post was last modified: 21-09-2010 10:16 AM by JHyde.)
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
(21-09-2010 07:22 AM)Naivety Wrote:  
(21-09-2010 06:00 AM)Silktie Wrote:  What do you think Ruth meant when she said during her rejection of Harry's proposal, that she couldn't, because of the decisions he's made in the past? Was that a referral to George's death, maybe?

My first thoughts were that she was refering to George.

Ruth isn't being very consistent though is she? Towards the end of the last series, she was making all the moves with the little touches. When Harry pops the question she backs off again. Then for the rest of the episode she wants it to be business as usual. Part of me wishes she would make her mind up, the other realises that this outcome is the only way to keep up the angst we all love so much.

Yes, I was thinking about what Ruth could have meant. She didn't quite finish her words, realising they were hurtful. She starts off by saying that in the years before, she would have married him a thousand times but then the choices he made...

When would she have married him a thousand times? Was she talking about when she was in Cyprus, alone? Not sure I could have seen Ruth marrying Harry before 5.5. As for the choices Harry made which has stopped her marrying him now, well I think it was letting her go in 5.5, not coming for her and choosing the job, killing George and potentially Nico. Was she saying, how can I marry you after you did all those things to me?

No, it was not a romantic proposal by any means but it was full of emotion. Still no mention of love though. Harry also seems to give up so easily. Why doesn't he fight for Ruth? Refuse to listen or believe her excuses? Is he so broken himself that he has no fight left, not even for her?

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Tea Lady - 21-09-2010 08:07 AM