Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
22-09-2010, 08:53 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
I guess I would just like better continuity from the writers on HR. Why did they have Ruth make all the moves towards the end of season 8 (asking Harry out for a drink, the hand caress, her concern for him on the roof and later when he left for the hotel where the bomb was) but now she's the one that basically either called a halt to things, or at least slowed them down to crawling pace? It's contradictory.

Interesting role-reversal between Harry and Ruth here, too. With Danny's funeral, Harry is the one interrupting Ruth's grieving process with work, and here it is Ruth actually bringing work along to Ros' funeral. And her statement at the end that sometimes it really is just about the numbers and sacrificing a few to save the many, is something Harry would have said in previous seasons. Admittedly, she was forced to take on this stronger role because Harry is crumbling so badly, but I would have liked a better understanding of why this sudden shift in her. What has made her so much harder than last season?

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Silktie - 22-09-2010 08:53 AM