Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
29-09-2010, 05:42 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
Another thing I found interesting about the phone call scene is the symmetry to it. Although they're in different locations, Ruth in her flat and Harry still at work, they're both seated at a table with a drink, thinking about or actually working. Harry has a glass of whiskey on the table before him, even though we never see him drink from it. I like that little detail for some reason. And also, Ruth calls him on his work phone, not his mobile, so obviously she just assumes he'll still be at work at that late hour.

About next week's trailer
Series 9.3 Spoiler: show
it certainly looks as though Harry loses his rag a bit with Ruth. I'm actually looking forward to it, I think it's good that they don't paint Harry as some love-sick puppy that continues to trot after Ruth no matter how many times he gets kicked in the teeth for his trouble. I also think it will maybe make Ruth realise just how much he's been hurt by her reaction to his proposal, and make her see how much he loves her. That said, I don't want them to lose their professionalism at the office over this relationship thing. It's a fine line to walk before it turns into melodrama, so let's hope the writers get it right.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Silktie - 29-09-2010 05:42 AM