Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
29-09-2010, 01:59 PM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
I watched it again last night and I really think her call is work related from the start. I think the reason she hems and haws a bit is because she thinks he may assume she is calling for a tete-a-tete. Which he does straight out of the gate before he finds out what she is calling about. When he later asks if there is anything else, she has no choice but to say no. He already told her to keep it work related. So she does. I think the acting in that moment was lovely.

My (admittedly nit-picky, overly-analytical, fan-wanky) gripe is from a structural and writing stand point. I am not sure that the motivation for her calling is strong enough. I think that if the reason she was calling was something that really couldn't have waited, rather than just a hunch she was bouncing off of him, the fact that her call was completely work related would have been clearer.

I am of two minds when it comes to the amount of HR in each episode. As much as I'd like to see these two actors work together as much as possible, I think that the writers balance that very well. I may fixate on it, but they shouldn't.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - A Cousin - 29-09-2010 01:59 PM