Old, decrepit and just wrong 10.00% 4 10.00%
Total 40 votes 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 5 Votes - 4 Average
[spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
01-10-2010, 08:32 AM
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back
Heh, I'm self-aware enough to admit that I'll ALWAYS be on Harry's side, even when he's clearly in the wrong. Tongue

Seriously, though, I have some sympathy with Ruth here. I do think she has not forgiven herself for George's death, and for the fact that she never told him the truth about who she really was. I think when she says to Harry they've forfeited the chance to be a normal, happy couple, she mostly means she herself does not deserve that after what happened to George. And from that angle I can understand where she's coming from. Remember, in Spooks time it's probably less than a year that's passed since the events of 8.1.

My main worry in this whole thing, though, is that the writers will write themselves into a corner with Ruth. I adore the character, quite apart from the HR thing, as a character in her own right. I don't want them to make her look wishy-washy and like she's leading Harry on, then rejecting him, which is kind of what they did here. Remember she was the one making all the moves in the latter half of season 8. And if they still intend to bring them together in the end, how will they now do it without making Ruth look like she can't make up her mind? I think the character deserves better than that.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user

Messages In This Thread
RE: [spoilers] Harry and Ruth Strike Back - Silktie - 01-10-2010 08:32 AM