Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch]
28-02-2010, 05:35 PM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch]
It's not one of my favourite episodes but it does pose some interesting questions. We see the darker side of the Service, Harry and Tom in this episode with all of them doing the morally questionable in using a kid to do their dirty work. Harry is first to see the potential and goes about achieving their aim quite ruthlessly - the only time we really see some emotion from him is when Zoe yells at him at the end of the episode. There are more flashes throughout the episode of Tom realising what a terrible thing it is to do, yet he does Harry's bidding without questioning it once, and is also the one keeping the other officers in line when they balk at using the kid. So at this stage Tom clearly still subscribes to the motto that the end justifies the means.

That Jean-Luc guy was pretty annoying, and not very attractive to me at all. I can't see what Zoe and Sam were swooning about. I quite liked Ruth's reaction to this whole little scene, she seemed not to find him all that hot either.

Zoe was a little over the top with her protestations about using the kid throughout the episode, and I found her bordering on bitchy on a few occasions. Whilst all the others seemed to realise that it was their only option, she continued to throw her toys out of the cot at every opportunity. I also think she was wrong when she said that Harry would noot have given any of them a chance to save their careers if they had been in his shoes - he seems to be protective of his officers as long as their actions do not border on the traitorous. For instance, he did give Danny a second chance over his credit card fraud in season 1.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - Nitrus - 28-02-2010, 02:12 PM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - Silktie - 28-02-2010 05:35 PM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 28-02-2010, 06:27 PM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 28-02-2010, 08:38 PM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 01-03-2010, 11:21 AM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 01-03-2010, 03:33 PM