Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch]
28-02-2010, 06:27 PM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch]
I happen to agree with Zoe on this one too, although I do think Harry does try to protect people on his team. I don't care if she came across as bitchy - I liked that JJ had someone to advocate for him. I'm not being sentimental just because he was a kid, but rather because when they are, in part, a victim as well as a culprit, there should be someone there speaking on their behalf when they can't.

For me, this is as ruthless as Harry gets on the show. Mainly because it's about him saving his own neck and then putting a kid's on the line. It's interesting to think about at what age would it have been inappropriate for them to send JJ in there. 12? 10? Given the 'set of skills' (as Silktie so succinctly put it on the Harry thread) that JJ brings, you'd think that it wouldn't matter how young he was theoretically. It's about his judgement and perception that this moral argument is centred upon. To put it another way: at what point can you ask someone to put their life on the line for their country?

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - Nitrus - 28-02-2010, 02:12 PM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 28-02-2010 06:27 PM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 28-02-2010, 08:38 PM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 01-03-2010, 11:21 AM
RE: Episode 7 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 01-03-2010, 03:33 PM