Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch]
14-03-2010, 03:00 PM (This post was last modified: 14-03-2010 03:04 PM by Tea Lady.)
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch]
This probably won't make any sense but I feel my brain turns into swiss cheese a little watching this episode. I find that I stop following the plot but keep watching because I am fascinated by the relationship between Zoe, Tom, and Mariella. I know the plot was something to do with drugs and guns and Colombians but that's as much as gets registered in my brain. Perhaps I find the plot boring or silly, I dont know.

I just find that I have real empathy with Mariella. To be alone like that and then to think you have made some friends at last, to then find out...well she really wouldnt have hurt a fly would she, and I think she knew Rafa would kill her in the end. She made no attempt to get away from him.

I was really disturbed about what Tessa did. Was this her revenge on Harry? How cruel and unecessary. Tessa might as well have killed Mariella herself. Before now Tessa's actions were quite amusing. They certainly stopped there being amusing. How heartless. Her business had obviously been doing better as she seemed to be in a flashy new office.

Tom is definitely on his way down that slippery slope. The way he shouted at Ruth in the meeting was down right nasty. The way he stood up to Harry at the end when all Harry was trying to do was put a positive spin on a bad situation, was frightening. I thought there was going to be a fight there and then. Zoe and Danny both looked so scared. I dont know whether Harry's hand on Tom's shoulder at the end was a friendly hand or a "dont mess with me hand."

Harry drinking his whisky alone at the end showed that he was affected by what happened I think, but just couldnt show it to the rest of the team. Also after being slightly sarcastic towards Ruth about bursting into his office, he seemed to really warm to her and spoke very gently to her. Poor Ruth though, she didnt know whether she was coming or going with the rest of the team in this episode.

Did anyone else think that Harry/PF had a sore throat during this episode? He sounded really rough at the start in particular.
(14-03-2010 02:50 PM)YourFutureMuse Wrote:  Sam and Tessa story also good. I did at first thing maybe even Sam wouldn't have fallen for it but I guess Tessa was very convincing.

Yes I forgot about Sam YFM. She was very good. When she thought it was eventually all over, the look on Harry and Zoe's face. Very funny.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch] - Tea Lady - 14-03-2010, 02:42 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch] - Tea Lady - 14-03-2010 03:00 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch] - JHyde - 14-03-2010, 08:34 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch] - Nia M - 14-03-2010, 11:16 PM