Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch]
14-03-2010, 05:23 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch]
There was a lot going on in this episode and I thought the writer used the plot very well to illustrate the changing dynamics in the team and their interpersonal relationships. Tom is right on the edge throughout the episode, and vascillates between ruthless and calculating and overly sentimental. Harry seems to be aware of it and is watching Tom the whole time with this calculating look on his face.

I thought Zoe was good in this episode, she did her job really well and even though she was fond of Mariella and could question the morality of MI5 using her like that, she always kept the goal of the operation in mind. I also liked that she told Tessa she would give her up again if they were in the same situation.

I liked Camillo, and the interplay between him and Danny was good. He seemed to take everything in his stride, and even kept his sense of humour about it.

I agree with Tea Lady that poor Ruth didn't know where she was with the team, and Tom in particular, for most of the episode. I think it's the first time we see her kind of annoyed with Tom when he asks the impossible from her at the beginning of the episode. And it was funny how she burst into Harry's office at every opportunity, and even talking over him when he tried to send her away. I love her enthusiasm whenever she finds a new piece of the puzzle, it is infectious.

I'm with Zoe that Sam isn't exactly the fastest car on the Grid. I found it quite naive for her to have fallen for Tessa's scheme. It's funny that the first time Harry seems to find Sam worthy is when she stands up to his interrogation. Before that he seemed to have a low opinion of her abilities and basically viewed her as the teagirl.

Tessa really is a treacherous snake. The way she used Sam, and was trying to profit from MI5 once again by getting Sam to steal their information and then giving it to the Spanish, and the way she sold Mariella out at the end was deplorable. Even though Harry did double-cross her, she made sure that when she informed them of what she had done it would be too late to save the girl.

I agree with Tea Lady that Harry seemed to have the flu this episode, and seemed almost feverish most of the time. He obviously underestimated what Tessa would do if he double-crossed her, and I think this was what he was pondering at the end of the episode. I don't agree though with what Tom said to Christine at the end that Harry did it because Tessa had wanted his job. I think Harry took Tessa's former treachery very personally, and he wasn't going to let her profit from MI5 again. Also, probably, she would have tried the same trick in future operations, and he couldn't allow her to operate as some renegade who sold information to MI5 when it suited her.

Harry is also quite scary in interrogation mode! He took Tom yelling at him rather calmly at the end, probably because he did feel some guilt over Mariella's death.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch] - Tea Lady - 14-03-2010, 02:42 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch] - Silktie - 14-03-2010 05:23 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch] - JHyde - 14-03-2010, 08:34 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch] - Nia M - 14-03-2010, 11:16 PM