Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch]
15-03-2010, 12:53 AM (This post was last modified: 15-03-2010 01:32 AM by lwhite53.)
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch]
(14-03-2010 10:16 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  Does anyone recognise the quote Tom uses in the meeting room at the end towards Harry?

"Physician, heal thyself" -- it's from the Bible, Luke 4:23.
There are several things about this ep that I really liked -- the ongoing deterioration in Tom and Harry's relationship was portrayed really well, Sam's being taken in by Tessa (and they think Ruth is naive!), Harry's inability to back off when Tessa is involved, and Harry telling Ruth (for the first time, I think), "Ruth, take a deep breath . . ."

Tom goes into the ep still pissed at Harry for telling him off about Christine and it all goes downhill from there. T is seriously affected the deaths of the Customs agents, he yells at Ruth, he is sarcastic toward Harry, "And your plan is what?" -- my sense is that he's barely in control of his emotions and on the verge of losing it several times. When he discovers Mariella dying, it all comes crashing down -- it's one too many deaths and he cannot reconcile himself to it anymore. So he goes after Harry, who's once again put in the position of explaining the govt's whims (covering up for Ross Vaughn's protector) and Tom is utterly disgusted -- "Ah, physician, heal thyself."

Mariella's death was truly grotesque. She was a pawn for Rafa, Vaughn, MI5 and Tessa, and was doomed from the get go -- this was a "no way out" scenario. And Harry's tepid reponse to her death was despicable! Not a good Harry moment, imo.

A funny moment -- when they took Rafa's garbage back to HQ and started to go through it, I thought, "Join MI5 -- go through someone's trash." That would make a pithy slogan!

(No commentary for 2.9)

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch] - Tea Lady - 14-03-2010, 02:42 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch] - JHyde - 14-03-2010, 08:34 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch] - Nia M - 14-03-2010, 11:16 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [Rewatch] - lwhite53 - 15-03-2010 12:53 AM