Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 10 Discussion [rewatch]
21-03-2010, 09:16 PM (This post was last modified: 21-03-2010 09:17 PM by Tea Lady.)
RE: Episode 10 Discussion [rewatch]
(21-03-2010 05:50 PM)Silktie Wrote:  And I have to say that the love scene at the beginning between Tom and Christine is on my list of worst ever love scenes. I don't know what the director was going for, but they just end up looking drugged rather than in love. I laugh every time I see it.

Yes I agree Silktie, she was still wearing her underwear as well??

I have to say that I really liked this episode. I did the first time I saw it back in the day. Yes there are holes but it was a dramatic end to the series and really had you hooked for the next.

Harry clearly had totally lost all faith in Tom and was so ready to believe that he was guilty. I kept thinking ahead to
Series 5 Spoiler: show
5.5 here though and how differently Harry handled that situation when it was Ruth being "set up" though.
I loved the way he spoke to Danny and Zoe in the meeting room like he was their teacher or shrink "share your thoughts with us Danny." I also found it interesting that Zoe couldnt accept what Tom had done in front of Harry but the next scene she basically admitted to Danny that she did, "dont let that happen to us."

Whether Zoe and Danny liked it or not they helped bring Tom down. If they had turned him in to Harry before they went to the dead drop at Cannon Street then Joyce's plot would have failed. Tom may still had a lot of explaining to do but it would not have been as bad.

Tom had totally lost the plot and all idea of proper tradecraft. Was he doing this to protect Christine? He was more loyal to Christine than Harry in the end? When he followed Joyce to the dead drop, did Tom not think it odd that Joyce was not using counter-surveillance techniques? Joyce would have known he was being followed if he was a top CIA man. Why didnt Tom think this was odd.

I loved the Harry and Ruth Embankment scene. Harry has someone to confide in now. He admits "I'm having nightmares." Yes I know it was just a figure of speech but he is opening up to Ruth here and showing that he is struggling a little to cope with all this. Ruth acts as his rock from now on to the present day.

My only criticism is why Tom chose to shoot Harry. He couldnt have known that Harry wouldnt be killed. He could have easily have hit him with the rifle butt and got away.

Final thought, Harry had that nice black and purple striped tie on..yum...

Oooh, second final thought, I really liked the music being played at the end when Tom was on the phone to Zoe....dont suppose anyone knows what that was?
(21-03-2010 07:39 PM)lwhite53 Wrote:  and Ruth crying for what's happened to both of them.

For some reason I always thought Ruth was just crying for Harry but she's crying for both Tom and Harry isnt she.

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 10 Discussion [rewatch] - Nitrus - 21-03-2010, 02:39 PM
RE: Episode 10 Discussion [rewatch] - Tea Lady - 21-03-2010 09:16 PM