Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 10 Discussion [rewatch]
23-03-2010, 01:26 PM
RE: Episode 10 Discussion [rewatch]
(23-03-2010 09:27 AM)Silktie Wrote:  One thing that puzzles me is why Tom did not recognise Herman Joyce. He had met him before when Joyce approached him to help his daughter that was getting herself in trouble, did he not? And also, he describes Joyce as a legend so obviously he thought highly of him - surely he would remember the face of a guy he saw as his hero?

One of the things that made this ep so tense, imo, is that it would have taken only one piece of the set up to unravel to bring the whole thing down. If Tom had recognized Joyce, if Tom had told Harry about the telex, if Danny and Zoe had told Harry what Tom was doing when it started, if Harry had taken D and Z's story at face value and hauled Tom in immediately -- if anything had gone wrong, the whole thing would have been over.

I think Tom not recognizing Joyce is part of the "everything must go right" scenario that the audience has to believe in order for this ep to make sense. Even the writer must have thought this might be a problem because he threw in a line from Joyce that said something like "I knew you wouldn't recognize me, you're too arrogant."

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 10 Discussion [rewatch] - Nitrus - 21-03-2010, 02:39 PM
RE: Episode 10 Discussion [rewatch] - lwhite53 - 23-03-2010 01:26 PM