Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch]
23-05-2010, 11:32 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch]
I was really happy with this ep, especially after 3.8 -- a good solid spooks script that deals with important questions of morality and the consequences thereof.

H/R scenes were terrific and it was certainly clear in this ep that there's more going on between them than a simple boss/employee relationship. H's subtext finally becomes overt and Ruth also shows she been paying particular attention to him (as evidenced by the "pacing" comment). I love that she challenges him with "Is there any line we don't cross?" I think she wants to make sure he really considers what using Morgan's daughter means and doesn't just go along with it because it's part of the "finance, friends and family" paradigm.

I liked Danny is this ep -- he was really uneasy about how far Adam might go to get info from Morgan and rather than stonewall, he took his concerns to Harry. He didn't say "we absolutely cannot use Morgan's daughter" but rather he wanted to be sure Harry was part of that decision. In a way, I saw him as the "conscience" of the ep.

Also liked the Adam/Fiona relationship and learning more of Adam's past. I thought Adam's "I'm going home to wash" line was a very interesting choice of phrase -- it was as if he needed to cleanse himself from what he was being forced to do, and I do think Adam really believed he was compelled to use torture tactics in order to stop an atrocity.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 23-05-2010, 09:11 AM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - Aria - 23-05-2010, 10:23 AM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 23-05-2010, 10:41 AM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - lwhite53 - 23-05-2010 11:32 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 24-05-2010, 06:24 AM