Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch]
24-05-2010, 03:27 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch]
Which brings me back to the moral questions involved in this episode as a whole. All of the characters are dancing around and forced to identify their moral parameters. Torture for one may not be torture for another. Not that (for the record) I condone it in any form.Cool

I love the scene at the end where Adam can't choose a paint color and the double entendre in his line, "There has to a benchmark, a viable standard so everyone knows what they are bloody doing!" and "How can I decide, if I can't tell the difference?" Brilliant writing that.

I am reminded of the study that was done about the moral decisions humans make.

Which is worse/better? A train track has five people tied to it an unable to move. You could A: flip a switch that diverts the train to another track on which one man is tied to stop it, or B: push the same man off a bridge to stop the train there by saving the five. The finding discovered that most people say that it is OK to flip the switch but not push the man. However, the were a whole lot of, "Well...its depends...." kind of answers. The team at MI-5 function in the grey area area all the time.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 23-05-2010, 09:11 AM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - Aria - 23-05-2010, 10:23 AM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 23-05-2010, 10:41 AM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 24-05-2010, 06:24 AM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - A Cousin - 24-05-2010 03:27 PM
RE: Episode 9 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 24-05-2010, 03:39 PM