Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 1 & 2 Discussion [rewatch]
05-06-2010, 04:12 PM
RE: Episode 1 & 2 Discussion [rewatch]
Really loved this 2-parter, it was a wonderful way to start the new series. Like JHyde says, the guest stars in this series in particular were brilliant and these eps set the standard. Loved the Harry and Ruth scene at the beginning where she reminds him of his assertion in 3.10 that there will be a time to grieve later.

Adam was very good in these episodes, very strong and decisive and his scenes with Martine McCutcheon were brilliant especially near the end when he won't leave her. I also liked his scene on the grid with the Professor when he's talking about the dog. lol

Anna Chancellor's introduction as Juliet was great and we got some background on Harry as a bonus. My favourite scenes involved Harry and the Home Secretary, the first time that politician makes an appearance on the show. Jeff Rawle was excellent and his scenes with PF were very good, I especially liked it when he talks about the proletariat dream from his student days and Harry comments that "they still have those dreams on file somewhere". LOL

I didn't like the Professor at all. I'm not sure if it was because of the actor or that he was so cynical and unsympathetic and basically very rude and demeaning to poor Ruth. She handled him brilliantly and really excelled in this outing from the Grid. The only part I didn't really get was why the American FBI agent was involved in Shining Dawn? It wasn't about money so did he believe in their cause as he was very willing to sell them out when he was caught? Also loved Malcolm and Colin, they were really funny especially when trying to impress Tash!

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Episode 1 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 05-06-2010, 11:25 AM
RE: Episode 1 & 2 Discussion [rewatch] - Aria - 05-06-2010 04:12 PM