Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 1 & 2 Discussion [rewatch]
06-06-2010, 10:28 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2010 10:29 PM by lwhite53.)
RE: Episode 1 & 2 Discussion [rewatch]
Loved these eps -- great way to start a new series. The writing was superb, with sharp, direct political dialogue and some really good shows of antipathy between the Americans and Brits, such as:
Harry: "No, sketchy as in your knowledge of Al Qaeda when they were learning to fly and sunning themselves in Florida" and Boyd: "Contrary to perceived wisdom, we're not responsible for everything that's wrong in the world."

Also loved the relationship between Harry and the HS --one of the few times we've seen H being friendly toward a politician. And the HS got the best line of the ep, imo: "I give you my word, Harry, that you have my full support. OK, admittedly it's the word of a devious, lying politician but it's all I have right now." Just brilliant writing!

The intro of Juliet was terrific and just by H's initial demeanor (he was very relaxed and actually smiled), you knew they had some kind of history.

But best of all, in terms of character development, was Ruth. Her first foray out in the field and she gets chased by a man with a very big gun! She plays the dumb girl, gets the info they need from the cocksure Curtis, and then proceeds to tear him apart intellectually. She was absolutely terrific in this ep.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Episode 1 Discussion [rewatch] - JHyde - 05-06-2010, 11:25 AM
RE: Episode 1 & 2 Discussion [rewatch] - lwhite53 - 06-06-2010 10:28 PM