Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch]
28-06-2010, 04:34 PM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch]
(27-06-2010 07:30 PM)Tea Lady Wrote:  I too wondered what on earth Harry was playing at Silktie. It wasn't much of a bluster was it, when he was trying to stop Juliet putting the Prince in with Yazdi. Maybe it was because he didn't have any better ideas himself, which is totally unlike the character we know.

I think you have hit the nail on the head here Tea Lady. Bluster is only bluster until you have proof or at the very least a plausible theory. Neither Harry nor Adam had anything at that moment but a hunch that something was wrong. Harry says that he needs a quiet moment to figure it out. Unfortunately, that quiet moment comes too late. To his credit Harry is the first one to "get it" the moment the Prince takes his glasses off. All of Juliet, Harry and Adam's cultural, professional and personal limitations and assumptions were working against them - just like Yazdi. Yazdi played them and they delivered the prince right into his hands. Its cautionary. This is what can happen when MI5 get in their own way. I like it when they get it wrong.

Loved Ruth's response to Zaf re: the ground diamonds enhancing potency. I can't tell if she is more annoyed or embarrassed. I think I detect an approving smirk on Harry's face after her response to Zaf. And I wonder how many takes it took NW to get the names of the prince and king correct? Boy, she does spit them out, doesn't she! That must have been a funny day on the set....

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - Nitrus - 26-06-2010, 07:34 PM
RE: Episode 4 Discussion [rewatch] - A Cousin - 28-06-2010 04:34 PM