Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch]
05-07-2010, 08:34 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2010 08:35 PM by lwhite53.)
RE: Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch]
This ep is on my list of favorites, too, Silktie. The underlying plot idea of the govt. killing one of it's own to silence him may not be provable, but I suspect that many people believe it could be true -- perception sometimes trumps reality. (Although, my experience has only been with stories of the CIA so that may color what I am prepared to believe!)

This was definitely Harry's ep -- we learn a whole lot about what lengths he's prepared to go to get to the truth, even if it means pissing off all the members of "the club." Again, we see that loyalty is paramount for Harry, even though he knows that what Clive has purportedly done is well out of bounds. He also gets some of the best lines of the ep:
"I like to know the sordid details of anyone I'm going to be working with intimately."
"If this isn't hugely important, I hope your passport's up to date."
"I don't want to be part of any team that sactions killing it's own."
"Clive McTaggart had more integrity than any man I've ever known. I can't let his murder go unanswered. I owe him that."

I also liked the slowly unfolding relationship between Harry and Ruth. They are becoming more in tune with each other and he's beginning to react to her unspoken comments and looks.

I thought Jo's introduction was very well done. There's no real hint when she first appears that she'll become at all important and then, whammo, Adam recruits her. Even with Debra Langham hovering, it took me a long time to figure out what would happen.

And the little smile on Harry's face in the last shot is priceless!

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch] - JHyde - 05-07-2010, 03:39 AM
RE: Episode 5 Discussion [re-watch] - lwhite53 - 05-07-2010 08:34 PM