Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Hello Fellow Earthlings
16-07-2010, 08:15 PM (This post was last modified: 17-07-2010 09:22 AM by Beatriz.)
Hello Fellow Earthlings
Hiya My Fellow Earthlings!Angel

My name is Belinda and I really really love love love Spooks! Thank god my friend's mother got me hooked into this series!

I live in the US, but I have to say, shows in the UK, most especially with the BBC, has been in my top ten favs for years since Doctor Who, Merlin, and Torchwood came along!

And now Spooks has joined that group of my beloved BBC shows!

I started watching in Series 7, and was an instant Lucas North fan! What a brilliant character they were able to introduce, so complex, so ambiguous, so mysterious. And the character history this character had was one to envy, a connection back to the old Spooks days as well as bringing in the new. Never had I seen such a character with so much potential for greatness. And needless to say, Richard Armitage acted with precision and perfection!

Series 7 Spoiler: show
Despite being a newly indoctrinated Spooks fan, I was still bummed that Adam had to go, I didn't know much about the character but I was sad that the character had to go. Although it was a fitting end for a Spooks hero. I kinda wished that Adam had stayed on because I thought in the scenes with Adam and Lucas, I could see the boys' potential to become great friends! Shame that would never come true.

I ran through Series 7 and 8 in a weekend and was just blown away by the great writing and the unpredictability of who would live and who would die. Spooks sure knows how to handle the drama well!!

Now I have firmly entrenched myself in the Spooks world and awaiting anxiously to see what horror will be brought to Series 9, and hopefully Lucas will not die or be a traitor!Smile

Finding this forum has been a godsend, it's always so great to be with people who understand my obessession!!Wink

[Image: Hawkman_Smallville-8.jpg]
RIP Carter Hall ~ Hawkman
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
16-07-2010, 08:22 PM
RE: Hello Fellow Earthlings
Welcome to the forum. What part of the US are you in?

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Hi Belinda and welcome to the forum. I love Doctor Who and Torchwood too.

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
16-07-2010, 11:24 PM
Welcome to SF, and might I say that was one of the best intro posts I've seen in a while.

Welcome. Smile

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
16-07-2010, 11:51 PM
Welcome to the SF BravoNine! This is a great place to happily get your [spooks] fix...Enjoy! Cool

[Image: t4t-sig-A.jpg]
Thank you TygerBright for my fantastic av & sig!
17-07-2010, 12:40 AM
Hey BravoNine! I'm glad you wrote an intro post, I've been reading your stuff since your first post on the Harry and Lucas thread (one of my faves).

I really want to watch some Merlin, I'm a big Anthony Head fan and there's lots of other good people on the show.

Welcome!

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
17-07-2010, 03:21 AM
(16-07-2010 08:22 PM)bertowud Wrote:  Welcome to the forum. What part of the US are you in?

I live in Dallas, TX, but soon I'll be off to college in LA.

(16-07-2010 11:17 PM)Aria Wrote:  Hi Belinda and welcome to the forum. I love Doctor Who and Torchwood too.

YAY! Another fellow Doc/Torch fan!!!

(16-07-2010 11:24 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  Welcome to SF, and might I say that was one of the best intro posts I've seen in a while.

Welcome. Smile

Thank you! Glad you like it!

(16-07-2010 11:51 PM)tyme4t Wrote:  Welcome to the SF BravoNine! This is a great place to happily get your [spooks] fix...Enjoy! Cool

Oh yeah, I'm definitely getting a fix!

(17-07-2010 12:40 AM)JHyde Wrote:  Hey BravoNine! I'm glad you wrote an intro post, I've been reading your stuff since your first post on the Harry and Lucas thread (one of my faves).

I really want to watch some Merlin, I'm a big Anthony Head fan and there's lots of other good people on the show.

Welcome!

Harry and Lucas, that relationship always interested me ever since their first scene together, and especially their history!! Hopefully the show will develop it more.

Oh I am a BIG Merlin fan! Love Anthony Head as Uther!

Although I have to say, my fav couple is Arthur and Merlin!! Let's face it, those two are a match-made in heaven!!!SilbaWink

[Image: Hawkman_Smallville-8.jpg]
RIP Carter Hall ~ Hawkman
17-07-2010, 05:59 AM
Welcome to the forum BravoNine! I love DW and TW too Smile

Fantragic fun - SpooksFanBlog.com
17-07-2010, 09:25 AM
Welcome BravoNine!!

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
17-07-2010, 10:37 AM
welcome bravonine hope you love the forum as much as everybody else on here!!

Its not her you want its me!!