Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Therapy Helps?
01-08-2010, 04:26 PM
Therapy Helps?
Don't own anything, wouldn't be fan fiction if I did

Focus on Jo and Lucas (not slash) if people want it will encompass series 7 and 8 with spoilers including series 6

Enjoy Smile

THERAPY HELPS?

She said if I couldn’t talk about what happened to me I should write about it instead.
Adam seconded the idea, but all I want is for him to hug me, hold me tight; but then I remember that’s how we’d been when I asked him to kill me.
So I run, run until my feet can’t take it anymore. When they’re just lumps of bruised, bleeding meat. Yet I still can’t escape the nightmares; I can barely bring myself to close my eyes even for a second. If I do I see ingrained on my mind the images of those men...of what happened.
So I call Adam and I cry and he holds me and tells me it’ll be ok.

Adam’s told me Harry and Ben have gone to pick up an old friend; spy swap with the Russians.

God I hope they’re not female.

She asked me if the writing helped.
She – the therapist
What does she want me to say?
That the memories are gone, I can sleep a full night; that I’ve stopped running?
Only I have stopped running.
Adam’s dead and without him I feel like I’ve hit the bottom of the deep chasm I’ve been falling down ever since...

Ros is back from the dead. The spy swap worked out.
Ok. Now I’m just writing anything.

But I have an answer to the question. No the writing hasn’t helped; my life hasn’t miraculously gotten better. Since the last entry I just have more to write about. More pain.

I’m going back to work.

Her heels resounded of the tile floor as she marched down the corridor before turning off into one of the many rooms. He was there before her, sitting up ramrod straight in the chair; one hand in his lap the other on the armrest. He barely acknowledged her presence as she took her seat.
‘So, Mr North, you know why you are here?’
‘A condition of returning to work.’ A curt response; no emotion.
‘Right, can I call you Lucas?’ A nod, the corners of his mouth twitched slightly showing the ghost of a grin.
‘What was amusing about that Lucas?’
‘Nothing.’
’You smiled.’ She frowned
‘No. My lips moved in acknowledgment of the question.’
She raised her eyebrows as he continued and noted something down on her clipboard. A man who knew how to calculate his every movement and the meaning behind it precisely. But then again, she thought, he’d had to.
‘You asked me that question having read my file and knowing my history. You wanted to make me feel in control of the situation so I didn’t feel threatened.’
‘You know your psychology.’ Another faint smile
‘I know all the tricks in the book.’ This time his eyes brightened as he smiled, mouth turned up at one end. But the expression was gone as quickly as it had come.
A pause.
‘Did it work? The trick question?’
‘If I felt in control I would not be sitting here answering your questions but would be upstairs doing my job.’
She ended the session.

LUCAS:They told me I could come home if I spied for them
HARRY:What did you say?
LUCAS:I said yes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2010, 06:44 PM
RE: Therapy Helps?
I enjoyed this. I feel like Jo's entries could be expanded upon a little and that you might want to preface Jo's entries and Lucas' with their names.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-08-2010, 06:46 PM
RE: Therapy Helps?
Thanks for the tip about their names
And don't worry this was just an intro, later episodes will be longer Smile
Thanks for reviewing!

LUCAS:They told me I could come home if I spied for them
HARRY:What did you say?
LUCAS:I said yes