Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[SPOILERS] Episode 2 Summary
09-09-2010, 05:18 PM
[SPOILERS] Episode 2 Summary
Spooks Ep 2/8
Monday 27 September
9.00-10.00pm BBC ONE

Beth Bailey is thrown in at the deep end on her first operation with Section D, as the tense spy drama continues. She goes undercover as an oil trader at a secret meeting of Britain's top oil dealers. After receiving intelligence that Robert Westhouse, an influential oil baron, is the subject of an assassination attempt, Beth is tasked with protecting him.

Before they've even arrived at the meeting, the oil traders are attacked in a machine gun massacre. Only Beth and a man named Jacob Chapman survive. Assuming the attack is related to the planned assassination, Section D set to work on uncovering the culprit. However, Ruth Evershed digs deeper into the case and is shocked to discover a link between one of her colleagues and the masked gunmen.

Elsewhere, Harry Pearce and Lucas North become suspicious of Westhouse and launch a secret surveillance operation on his mansion. They soon discover that Westhouse has arranged to take possession of a deadly ex-Soviet nerve agent and is planning an attack, with potentially catastrophic consequences. It's a race against time as Harry must ensure Westhouse's plans are halted before they cause irreversible damage.

Meanwhile, Lucas is reunited with an old flame, Maya, who he hasn't seen for 15 years. With emotions highly charged after so much time, how will Maya respond to Lucas re-entering her life?

Beth Bailey is played by Sophia Myles, Robert Westhouse by James Faulkner, Jacob Chapman by Nigel Lindsay, Ruth Evershed by Nicola Walker, Harry Pearce by Peter Firth, Lucas North by Richard Armitage and Maya by Laila Rouass.

"They're awfully tenacious, bless them. I think they want to give me a polonium suppository."

- Ros, 7.1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
21-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Harry RE: [SPOILERS] Episode 2 Summary
Update from Ian Wylie's blog about series 9 - episode 2 being shown on Monday 27th September:

Series 9 Spoiler: show
http://lifeofwylie.com/2010/09/21/spooks-the-one-with-the-lift/ I am very excited but nervous after reading this. I don't know how I'll cope for a week waiting for this episode to be shown!
22-09-2010, 05:46 PM
RE: [SPOILERS] Episode 2 Summary
Probably not exactly the right thread but will there actually be trailers for each new episode or is there only one general trailer for the whole season?
22-09-2010, 06:13 PM
There are preview trailers on the end of each episode for the next one, but they don't generally release individual episode trailers. Smile

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2010, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2010 07:08 PM by Naivety.)
Eek! Ruth's fingerprint! What's that all about?
22-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Could ruths finger print be something to do with the Cotterdam issue and faking her own death...could Blake be getting revenge from beyond the grave?
22-09-2010, 08:06 PM
I think that there could be something to do with that. A safeguard he had in place perhaps?
27-09-2010, 07:15 AM
Funny preview of tonights episode in The Mirror. LOL

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories...-22590287/

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
27-09-2010, 09:04 AM
Interesting last line there... however i think it's rather obvious what it's referring to. Smile

Nice find! Big Grin

Codename Kirayuki: Vid Maker. H/R & Ruth fan.
[Image: Thatsyou98sigwithtext.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-09-2010, 11:26 AM
(27-09-2010 07:15 AM)Aria Wrote:  Funny preview of tonights episode in The Mirror. LOL

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories...-22590287/

That link appears to have dropped off the radar at The Mirror site. May we have a clue what it said?