Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Tudors
18-08-2009, 03:22 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2009 03:23 PM by Juliet Delta.)
The Tudors
Starting on the 21st August in the UK series 3...ahhh with the gorgeous Jason Rhys Meyers and Charles Brandon, should keep me ticking over nicely in the "eye candy" department. Smile

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2009, 03:26 PM
RE: The Tudors
I am certainly looking forward to it..

Bare in mind.. that this is most likely the series where he starts getting fat... Tongue

Sig & Av Guidelines | Rules | Spoiler Policy
18-08-2009, 03:32 PM
Big Grin I've already had a sneaky preview...he's about as lecherous as he always was! Big Grin
Not sure about Joss stone in this series...but Henry and Charles...well...yummy if a little older! Big Grin

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
18-08-2009, 04:13 PM
(18-08-2009 03:26 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  I am certainly looking forward to it..

Bare in mind.. that this is most likely the series where he starts getting fat... Tongue

Was Henry VIII ever not fat? Every picture of him I've ever seen depicted him as big and just getting bigger.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
18-08-2009, 05:31 PM
(18-08-2009 04:13 PM)bertowud Wrote:  
(18-08-2009 03:26 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  I am certainly looking forward to it..

Was Henry VIII ever not fat? Every picture of him I've ever seen depicted him as big and just getting bigger.

He was very athletic until a jousting accident in 1530's after that he ballooned.

18-08-2009, 05:32 PM
(18-08-2009 05:31 PM)Nitrus Wrote:  He was very athletic until a jousting accident in 1530's after that he ballooned.

Interesting. You never know what you can learn on the Spooks forum.

18-08-2009, 06:07 PM
lol, I think we have to let the film makers a little artistic licence here....fat Henry...come on that would'nt make good telly! Big Grin I never had much interest in history in school...but when the Tudors came along with their sexed up version (a little like Rome) well you certainly have a winner going on in term's of TV ratings..especially amongst the female population. If you get to understand the history too well that's got to be a bonus! I had no idea how popular it was, especially in the states where they get to see it first! Smile

18-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Thing is, it's not exactly "sexed up" it's pretty accurate to what happened and how he lived his life.

18-08-2009, 06:23 PM
*Blushes* Yes there are a few customs in the series that I was unaware of that went on...I guess for me I like the way they portray the life of Henry..he was a pretty shallow, ruthless, and gulliable King, hell bent on absolute power and will over the church and everything else aswell.

18-08-2009, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2009 07:39 PM by bertowud.)
Plus Henry's probably a little tan for those days too.
(18-08-2009 06:23 PM)Juliet Delta Wrote:  *Blushes* Yes there are a few customs in the series that I was unaware of that went on...I guess for me I like the way they portray the life of Henry..he was a pretty shallow, ruthless, and gulliable King, hell bent on absolute power and will over the church and everything else aswell.

I'm kinda surprised he's not running for US President. Tongue

Yes, we've hit the silly part of my day.