Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 1 & 2 discussion
18-08-2009, 08:33 PM
Episode 1 & 2 discussion
Series 6 was opened with a thrilling two-parter. Was it a good series opening? Did you enjoy the storyline? Discuss here Big Grin

I thought that it was a good series opener, an exciting storyline which kept me hooked through the two episodes. You could never tell who was going to survive and of course, we saw the introduction of two main storylines; Zaf's capture and the Ros/Adam storyline, both of which ran the entire length of the series Smile

[Image: series5_ep10.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2009, 07:03 AM
RE: Episode 1 & 2 discussion
Series 6 is my favourite series overall. I loved the ending of this two parter when Ros appears out of the blue. Fantastic!
19-08-2009, 09:52 AM (This post was last modified: 19-08-2009 09:52 AM by Juliet Delta.)
Series 6 for me, will always be my favourite. There's just something about it, cant put my finger on it, Smile but somehow it's different from the other's, whether it's because all the character's are established I dont know...it just has a completley different feeling and pace from all the other seasons. I found each episode to be better and the stories were fantastic.

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2009, 01:01 PM
I think it also has to do with the fact that it had one main story-line running through the whole series. This, for me, increased the level of tension significantly.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
19-08-2009, 02:55 PM
(19-08-2009 01:01 PM)Silktie Wrote:  I think it also has to do with the fact that it had one main story-line running through the whole series. This, for me, increased the level of tension significantly.

Yep, I think you are spot on there! Smile

"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."
19-08-2009, 02:57 PM
(19-08-2009 01:01 PM)Silktie Wrote:  I think it also has to do with the fact that it had one main story-line running through the whole series. This, for me, increased the level of tension significantly.

That may be it. And for me, I watched the whole season over a couple of days. So it really was one contiguous story.

Always love your country, but never trust your government.
27-06-2010, 04:19 PM
i have to say i didnt like the big time gap between end of s5 and start of s6! adam seemed to have made a huge recovery from his PTSD that said i liked the change in Ros. ep 1 and 2 made me actualy like her charactor and the evelopment between her and adam, they just needed to talk to each other properly.

So much happens in these first two eps that appear to be setting up the whol series (im bout to start ep 7) lots of people seem to be working against each other. i do miss ruth though!

SPOOKS 2002-2011 - Thanks for the Memory's
27-06-2010, 05:16 PM
Hmm, I'm the oppostire - I really liked the fact that there was a huge jump between the series. It allowed for a development of both storyline and characters that would have otherwise overtaken much of the series.

Also, going back to the Ros/Adam situation (again Tongue), it would have been much harder to show the development of their relationship than it was just to have it already established.

Plus, if you follow something on directly from another, it makes it very difficult to change theme / topic.

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
27-06-2010, 06:05 PM
very true but it just seems they went from not liking each other very much and mistrust to being in bed together. and lets be honest he was vunerable!

SPOOKS 2002-2011 - Thanks for the Memory's
27-06-2010, 06:34 PM
Oh he was, but I think that the fact that they were both vulnerable contributed to them getting together. Neither of them (understandably) like to show weakness, and as is later stated, 'pain is weakness'. And Ros also says 'I don't do emotional incontinence', yet Adam saw Ros at some of her mosst vulnerable moments (not only when they were drowning, but also during 5.1 and 5.2 - when he shows her the pictures of her father, "What'll happen to my father?", etc.). Likewise, Ros has seen Adam in some of his weakest PTSD lapses, so in that respect they're pretty evenly matched. I like to believe that it's these shared moments of vulnerability (particularly when they're not likely to show these moments to anyone else) that helps bring them together, and ultimately both to recover.

And I thought it was only when Ros was working with her father and co. that Adam didn't trust her. Once she joins 5 she is indebted to him, and actually wouldn't have anything if it weren't for him offering her the job. If he didn't trust her then, why would he invite her onto the team?

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile