Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Lucas North Speculation
15-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Lucas Lucas North Speculation
Will he return, or won't he? Did he really jump? What do you think happened to Lucas North?

I thought it might be sensible to create this thread for all Lucas related speculation regarding possible re-appearances in S10, seeing as Lucas analysis seems to be getting spattered all over the forum at the moment Tongue This way, all Lucas haters can happily avoid the topic all-together, and the tireless fans can speculate away.

(This is my first time posting a topic, so apologies if I'm doing it wrong!)

Gnothi Seauton.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-12-2010, 11:47 PM
RE: Lucas North Speculation
Here is my take on it. I think that, as of right now, Lucas has jumped and is dead. At the moment, that is what has happened and what we have to accept as truth. However, it doesn't have to stay that way in the future. The series has already broken canon once (at least), and once you've done that it's easier to do it again. We can no longer think of Spooks as a show where canon is set in stone. (If it ever was.)

A year and a half ago, the answer to the immortal question "who is Lucas North" was very different from what it is today. But it was no less true, because back then that was how it was. Now, he is JB and is dead, that is how it is, and for the moment we need to accept that, like it or not. But as I said, it can change later. Writers are fickle.

If they should decide to bring Lucas back, it probably won't be until the final episodes of S10. He may get a mention or five in the first episode, since he is the reason Harry is in trouble, but we won't see him again that early on. If things look good for them getting a series 11, maybe they'll save it up for then. By then RA should be done with The Hobbit. (One of my friends at another forum pointed out that TH part 2 is supposedly not based on the book, but is a "lost years" tale leading up to LotR. If that is true, RA may not be in that part, because Thorin is dead by then.)
16-12-2010, 04:23 AM
What do I think happened to Lucas North? He was murdered by the nefarious writers and fell into the dark abyss of a bottomless pit of crazy insane-ness.

Oh you mean on the show......well, I like to entertain the fact that he was a pawn to be used by the Chinese and the Russians to get to MI5 and Harry, that they messed with his head in prison and Lucas was unaware that they had instilled a sleeper personality in him until Vaughn showed up and triggered it.

I like to believe that Series 10 will have the team found evidence that Lucas was loyal all along and that he was only used against his will by the Chinese and Russians who wanted Harry out of MI5. I want them to redeem his honor, even if it is posthumously.

(15-12-2010 11:47 PM)Annie Wrote:  (One of my friends at another forum pointed out that TH part 2 is supposedly not based on the book, but is a "lost years" tale leading up to LotR. If that is true, RA may not be in that part, because Thorin is dead by then.)

That was the original plan when Del Toro was director, but they have since changed the script, and now have decided to split the book into two parts so that they can have better focus on the smaller details and scenes. And it has been said that the main cast will be in both movies.

But chances are the filming should be done by about the end of next year, so RA could possibly still have time to shoot for Spooks if there is a Series 11. Like I said before, they gave Martin Freeman time off to shoot Sherlock, so they may allow RA to shoot Spooks if the need arises.

[Image: Hawkman_Smallville-8.jpg]
RIP Carter Hall ~ Hawkman
16-12-2010, 11:55 AM
Congratulations on posting the thread Byatil, now we can chat about Lucas without annoying anyone else!!!

I still think it is possible for Lucas to return, after all there was no body (providing RA has time to do the filming). And nobody said that Lucas was indeed dead. Apparently Tom was supposed to be dead by the end of series 2, but the writers 'unkilled' him for a few more episodes, so it is possible. But I would want him redeemed as well (don't want much do I?), I don't want him back as evil John trying to still get some sort of revenge over Harry.

Maybe the bomb in Dakar didn't kill innocent people, maybe it was a hit ordered by MI6, and killed a terrorist cell.

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
17-12-2010, 09:06 AM
HellsBells, I really like your "MI6" idea (from another thread, on 12/12/2010), and if you don't mind I'll reprint it here for those who might have missed it:

HellsBells wrote: "My theory of MI6 involvement would have started back in Dakar, when John was recruited by Vaughn, MI6 could then have used him as an asset. The bomb could have been an accident, denoted while being defused? John faked Lucas's death to keep in with Vaughn and MI6 then helped John become Lucas North (altering records etc), who remainder a sleeper for Six. When Vaughn reappeared Lucas would have been activated again. Lucas would have to fall in love with Maya because that is what Vaughn would expect. And because the Chinese were watching it had to be convincing.
There is of course a big whole in this theory......why would MI6 want the Chinese to have Albany? Could it have contained some sort of Trojan to infect Chinese computers?"

My thoughts: It's hard to know which way the writers will turn for S10 (especially after S9). It would be fairly easy to bring Lucas back, because there's no body, we heard footsteps, and no-one's actually said he's dead (yet). The Home Sec says something like "this business with your Section Chief..." And there's the 48 hours. IF Lucas comes back, I also think it'll be later in the series, and would be an affective "shock" - if they do it right (or "write it right.") Of course it depends on RA's schedule, but I'm sure Sir Peter could release RA for a few weeks filming, if necessary.

Or Lucas could be dead, mentioned once in S10.1 and forgotten (I hope not).

Or (if it's the same writers) Lucas could be alive because they didn't bother to look at S9 and wrote him in anyway. (Okay, okay, I know we're not supposed to discuss the writers...)
17-12-2010, 11:07 AM
(17-12-2010 09:06 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  Or Lucas could be dead, mentioned once in S10.1 and forgotten (I hope not).

I really hope this isn't the case but I think this may be the most likely, because clearly someone on the show (writers!!) didn't like Lucas.

(17-12-2010 09:06 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  Or (if it's the same writers) Lucas could be alive because they didn't bother to look at S9 and wrote him in anyway. (Okay, okay, I know we're not supposed to discuss the writers...)

LOL, Now that wouldn't surprise me.

17-12-2010, 05:28 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2010 05:29 PM by BravoNine.)
(17-12-2010 11:07 AM)HellsBells Wrote:  
(17-12-2010 09:06 AM)BoHenley Wrote:  Or (if it's the same writers) Lucas could be alive because they didn't bother to look at S9 and wrote him in anyway. (Okay, okay, I know we're not supposed to discuss the writers...)

LOL, Now that wouldn't surprise me.

LOL maybe we should start a writer-complaining thread? Big Grin

I think I'm gonna go with alien abduction!

For all we know, aliens could have taken Lucas during the roof-top scene!! Maybe they wanted to study him to see what the hell is really wrong with him!!!Tongue

Or we could have Series 9 revealed to be a dream!! Series 10 starts with - Lucas wakes up! Smile

18-12-2010, 06:16 PM
(17-12-2010 05:28 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  Or we could have Series 9 revealed to be a dream!! Series 10 starts with - Lucas wakes up! Smile

....walking out of the shower please!!!

Could Lucas return to MI5, if he stilled lived? Other than handing over Albany, had he really done anything that could not be excused?

18-12-2010, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2010 07:24 PM by Byatil.)
(18-12-2010 06:16 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  
(17-12-2010 05:28 PM)BravoNine Wrote:  Or we could have Series 9 revealed to be a dream!! Series 10 starts with - Lucas wakes up! Smile

....walking out of the shower please!!!

Could Lucas return to MI5, if he stilled lived? Other than handing over Albany, had he really done anything that could not be excused?

Killed a couple of people, caused a lot of political upheaval, apparently was involved in the Dakar incident, fraudulent/stolen identity, murdered the 'real' Lucas North... I'm sure I could go on!

They seem to have dug his character a surprisingly deep hole, considering his death was left rather open. If they do decide to bring him back, I'll be very interested to see how they manage to excuse him for all his actions Tongue

There's a possibility he could have been caught and imprisoned, in which case - it's possible that he could be used for intel in a future case, or indeed, have skills that the team may require in a case that he could be of use for. Highly unlikely seeing as "there's always another courageous man" (as Katchimov puts it) to take his place, and because the team will have no faith in Lucas whatsoever after the events of 9.8 (unless he turned out to have been manipulated). But if they were going to bring him back, I think that'd be an interesting way of doing it. Lucas earning his redemption, as such.

Gnothi Seauton.
18-12-2010, 07:25 PM
(18-12-2010 06:16 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  ....walking out of the shower please!!!

You're not having one of those fantasies again are ya?Silba

(18-12-2010 06:29 PM)Byatil Wrote:  They seem to have dug his character a surprisingly deep hole, considering his death was left rather open. If they do decide to bring hi back, I'll be very interested to see how they manage to excuse him for all his actions Tongue

I should think it would be rather simple to remake him into a good guy again, I already have a million plausible ideas that can excuse his actions. Not that hard if the writers just use their brain for once.

(18-12-2010 06:29 PM)Byatil Wrote:  Lucas earning his redemption as such.

Lucas deserves his redemption, even Connie got a redemption!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then again, maybe if Lucas is still alive and escaped, he can go join Tessa!! I mean, Lucas was around when Tessa was working jointly with Harry, so maybe he will join Tessa's ghost agents, or maybe it would be revealed that Lucas is one of her ghost agents! Vueltasss