Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Return of Ros
03-01-2011, 01:33 PM
The Return of Ros
When Adam faked Ros's death at the end of Season 6, I assumed it was to protect her from both Yalta and the CIA. In fact, I assumed this fake death was going to be a one-way ticket like Zoe or Ruth's situation. How did things change so radically after her "death", so that she could return to Section D in Series 7 without such concerns?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2011, 03:33 PM
RE: The Return of Ros
Yeah, it was never explained adequately. It requires huge suspension of disbelief. Also, why was she not prosecuted for her role in Yalta?

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
03-01-2011, 08:59 PM
(03-01-2011 03:33 PM)Silktie Wrote:  Yeah, it was never explained adequately. It requires huge suspension of disbelief. Also, why was she not prosecuted for her role in Yalta?

I think this is one of those "it happened that way because the plot needed for it to happen that way." In the later series, there are more of these unexplained happenstances (for want of a better word) -- HN was probably ready to go back to work after having had her baby and they just wrote her back into the show without worrying too much about what her character's return meant realistically.

harry
"What is the truth?"
"Betrayal is a cancer. Let it eat your soul, not mine."
"Please tell me this isn't going where I think it's going."
03-01-2011, 10:18 PM
I assumed it was probably done just as a convenient way advance some new plot lines. However, I was just hoping I'd missed some ultra-cool golden nugget of information that would at least pay lip service to the logic of her return. Oh well, no big deal.
03-01-2011, 10:53 PM
I think when Ros came back the Russians were quite aware that she wasn't dead, and were trying to have her killed? Hence why she was pulled out of Russia. I just assumed that they had discovered her death was faked and therefore it didn't matter anymore.

Gnothi Seauton.
04-01-2011, 05:51 AM (This post was last modified: 04-01-2011 05:52 AM by JHyde.)
I think the consensus was that because Hogan turned out to be a bad guy and the people baying for Ros' blood were American, after the revelations of 6.10 they probably had enough to level the playing field and bring her back.

I bought Ros coming back. Suspension of belief somewhat, but not ludicrously so like some more recent events.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
30-01-2011, 05:04 PM
i think that harry obviously knew what adam was going to do with her, i.e. the injection and of course he told connie who was her handler. but i dont thinkt he russians knew rangefinder was ros but they knew there was an agent.

i think the only mention is in ep2 when harry asks her if she is going home and she says no she sold her house. it also makes for initial frosty relations between ros and americans.

SPOOKS 2002-2011 - Thanks for the Memory's
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-03-2011, 05:14 PM
How did things change so radically after her "death", so that she could return to Section D in Series 7 without such concerns?
Presumably the work she had been doing for the good of her country, which let's face it she probably didn't really have to do might have factored in. Also, we don't see Bob Hogan again after S6 do we? Maybe Hogan was particularly against Ros, and a lot of the American tension towards Ros actually came from him personally? So when he leaves, that's gone, and there's less of a problem in her coming back... :/

[Image: 705-roslucas-sig.jpg]
Av & sig by TygerBright, using my screencaps Smile
06-03-2011, 06:29 PM
very good point Nia, i think as well all the work she had been doing as rangefinder has helped to

SPOOKS 2002-2011 - Thanks for the Memory's
20-04-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm sure they would've come up with any logical excuse to explain her reapperance. The problem is, they didn't even bother. One throwaway line would've been helpful.

[Image: action-adam.jpg]
Thanks Tyger!