Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
New Fan from New England
14-02-2011, 08:37 PM
New Fan from New England
Hi, All,
I just wanted to introduce myself and let you all know how much I'm enjoying this forum. I actually started watching Spooks (MI-5 here) at Season 7 because I was a huge fan of RA. I watched it on the Netflix streaming queue, but then Seasons 8 and 9 weren't available on Netflix (they still aren't) so we decided to go back to season 1. The staff was totally different! But we recognized some of the actors from Death at a Funeral, so we were happy about that. I soon learned about the Spooks way of killing off the main characters.
So after watching Season 7 and then 1-4, we couldn't get Season 5 because it was only available via DVD and there was a long wait to get it, so I found a place online to watch it. Then I got really upset that Ruth left and I had to find out if she would ever come back. So I Googled Ruth and found out she came back in season 8, so I skipped season 6 (and I'd already seen season 7) and watched Seasons 8 and 9 online and then went back and watched season 6.
So I've never actually watched all the episodes in a linear fashion.
I couldn't sleep and could barely eat for about 3 weeks because I got so caught up in the Ruth/Harry story.
Now I'm dying to find out what happens in season 10, and as I posted in another thread, I'm hoping to go to London to watch the first episode!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
15-02-2011, 09:05 AM
RE: New Fan from New England
Hi Langley, welcome to the forum Smile! I'm sure you will get your Ruth/Harry fix here Wink, hope you will be able to get to London for the 1st of series 10!

It's "a struggle for heaven and earth. Where there is one law: fight or die. And one rule: resist or serve."
15-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Hi Langley, hope you have fun on the Forum.

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
15-02-2011, 02:55 PM
Thanks, Belle!
Love your name - that's my father's nickname for me! I'm thinking I shouldn't have picked Langley as my username, given Harry's disdain for the CIA. I was just trying to think of an American reference. I hope you Brits don't think we're all arrogant. My husband (also American) loves it when Harry sticks it to the CIA - especially in the eps where Bush/Cheney were our President/VP - Ha Ha! I love it, too! Just a little disconcerting - I'd like to think Harry wouldn't think of me as arrogant just because I'm American!
15-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Hi there, and welcome to the forum.

Heh, you're probably safe from Harry's disdain as long as you're not working for the CIA or a politician. Wink

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
15-02-2011, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the forum!! I've also thought about going to the UK to watch the 1st episode of series 10. You're not alone Wink

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt"
Pactum serva
15-02-2011, 08:53 PM
Welcome to the forum. We don't mind a bit of Ruth and Harry round these parts. Wink

[Image: Banner106smaller.jpg]
16-02-2011, 02:36 PM
Hi and welcome Langley. Hope you have fun.

harry
We move on from this
It's the realisation that I make a negligible difference
Sometimes you have to give a man a chance
16-02-2011, 07:30 PM
Welcome to the forum Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-02-2011, 08:36 PM