Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Episode 6.7 [Re-watch]
17-04-2011, 03:36 PM
Episode 6.7 [Re-watch]
Watch and discuss.

Unfortunately the Adam/Ros/Anna mess is back in full force in this episode. Meh.

I much enjoyed the chess game played between Harry, Bakshi and Bob Hogan. There was some great framed shots during their talk around the monument. Does anyone know what that golden statue was?

Also enjoyed Connie’s smooth talking to buy them more time to get the feed back in place.

And Ros’ treachery still allows all manner of things to happen. If she’d come clean about Yalta last episode, the guy that infiltrated Yalta would not have known about the deal and the TV show, and Yalta would not have been able to inform the Iranians where Anna was. I don’t believe at this stage she is under any illusions how dangerous Yalta is to British interests, but still she remains quiet about them, to protect herself.

[Image: cheersignew.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2011, 07:28 PM (This post was last modified: 17-04-2011 07:29 PM by yorkshiretyke.)
RE: Episode 6.7 [Re-watch]
The Golden statue is only Prince Albert..Its called the Albert Memorial and is opposite the Albert Hall, Old Queen Vic loved her Albert!
18-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Despite the Anna messiness of this episode, I didn't mind this one so much. There is genuine suspense holding it all together and the set up works for me. I also like Harry talking to them all at the end, you can just imagine the many types of people they had in that audience and how long some took to put pen to paper. How hard some of them would have argued. And how happy some of them were to just sign and get a new source of income.

I do find that the suspense holds up reasonably upon multiple watchings, I think because there are so many places where people are involved - Jo and Anna, Ben backstage, Adam and Ros and the audience, and everyone left on the Grid. And I do like the twist at the end when we think all the action is over, despite the fact that it is Anna's life at stake.

[Image: colleagues.png]
Many thanks to Tyger for a terrific signature
18-04-2011, 04:22 PM
i love this ep so many different elements to it. ben really wants to show he could be part of the team. Adam is rahter reckless (no suprise there) the whole anna thing just i was ready for it to be over before this.

i like the whole passing messages through text - i get the impression that harry dosnt text ;-)

adams face when he finds out anna is alive is so sad and i feel for ros because she did the right thing.

SPOOKS 2002-2011 - Thanks for the Memory's
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-04-2011, 11:36 PM
Good episode I thought.

Not entirely convinced by Kaplan/Kaplin. If I were a journalist, I don't know if I'd find myself being able to climb a ladder and drop a huge studio light on someone with bare flinches of hesitation. Although he has been exposed to the MI5 employees and brutality already that it may have been easier.

It becomes pretty clear Ros is on very thing ice with the Yalta fiasco hanging over her, and it all seems as if the whole thing could fall on her and she'd be a very easy scape goat, for someone who seems to have been in espionage for as long as her, its a very naive mistake to make.
19-04-2011, 11:01 AM
good point jackk14 about ros and scapegoat it amazes me how from the moment she starts giving them information that is exactly what she is but she dosnt realise it, she really thinks they can provide information to help her without the minimal amount of work on her part..

SPOOKS 2002-2011 - Thanks for the Memory's
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-04-2011, 01:38 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2011 01:46 PM by HellsBells.)
I liked this episode's plot, although some of the ideas seem a bit tenuous. What I found annoying was the discontinuous time line, why did it have to be shown it that way? I think it would have worked just fine in normal time.
Couldn't quite understand why Bob Hogan was on the panellist in the studio, considering he is a spy.
And at last someone asked about the enriched uranium you need for a nuclear weapon which Iran doesn't have yet, although in Spooks world they apparently have!
Loved all the genuine BBC journalists reporting on the siege.
Yalta and Ros......it just doesn't make any sense!!

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
28-04-2011, 03:20 PM (This post was last modified: 28-04-2011 03:22 PM by A Cousin.)
I have tried to watch this episode twice and fallen asleep twice. I suppose that says it all from my perspective. I think I just need to start earlier in the evening. I might try again. I might move on. Depends on how much exposition I feel I have missed. I remember not minding this episode the first time I saw it.

I did stay awake long enough to like Jo's interactions with Ana, and the tracking shot with Harry, Bahkshi and Hogan around the Memorial. Cool fence.

Hate the shot when Ros meets the French Yalta contact chick. Too blatant an "art" shot. This series does that a lot. Makes me feel like this Director was trying to prove how cool he could be. It was a great location on its own. It didn't need the angle.

Love the scene when Harry teases Bahkshi with a call to Ana only to slide the phone from over his shoulder mid-call. Cold, Harry! Really cold!

HellsBells - Harry explains Hogan's presence at the studio when he says that Hogan sends the only person he can thoroughly trust - himself. Don't know if that is enough of an explanation, but that is the one given.

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet
28-04-2011, 03:34 PM
Must admit to finding the 'arty' camera shots starting to detract from actual watching the episode. I don't really like the strange camera shots.
That Hogan explanation I thought was a bit weak, couldn't they find another American in London!!

Lucas 8.4: It's all about trust, isn't Harry ?.
[Image: who-trust.png]
Signature by the brilliant TygerBright
28-04-2011, 04:01 PM
(28-04-2011 03:34 PM)HellsBells Wrote:  Must admit to finding the 'arty' camera shots starting to detract from actual watching the episode. I don't really like the strange camera shots.
That Hogan explanation I thought was a bit weak, couldn't they find another American in London!!

The artsy-fartsy camera work is my main bug-a-boo re: S6. But I think I have made that point. Silba

LOL re: Hogan. I suppose it was him or some tourist in Bermuda shorts and sun-glasses talking too loud? Cool

At the very least, I suppose that it illustrates Hogan's over-developed sense of self worth? And that, to go the obvious route, he doesn't trust anyone. But why? Perhaps laying the ground work for later on?

Now cracks a noble heart. Good-night, sweet [Spooks];
And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

~Wm. Shakespeare, Hamlet